Great for locals, students and commuters - or anyone!
Just visiting? Spend the day discovering the sights of Winchester on a comfortable, easy-to-ride bike.
Live locally and want to try cycling to work or university? Take out long-term hire at bargain rates.
Our utility bikes are designed for everyday riding in normal clothes, with easy-to-operate gears and built-in lights. Chain covers and mudguards keep your clothes clean. Fitted racks mean you xcan easily carry your college work or a load of shopping. They come in two types: the Pashleys are basic reliable no-frills utility bikes while the Stevens are a bit lighter and have front suspension and are ideal for sightseeing and commuting.
Pashley bikes: £15/day, £10 after 12 Noon, £30/week, £50 for a university term.
Stevens bikes: £15/day, £10 after 12 Noon, £40/week, £60 for a university term.
For hires of 1 week or longer, we require a deposit of £100 per bike; this will be refunded when you return the bike.
Hit the off-road trails on our quality Trek mountain bikes with front suspension and disc brakes. Great for the bridleways that surround Winchester.
Got your own favourite clipless pedals? Bring them with you and our mechanic will fit them to your hire bike.
Afternoon hire: £20. 1 day: £25.
Thinking of riding the South Downs Way National Trail? Read our South Downs Way page first for practical advice, and for details of our one-way hire service: start in Winchester, ride the South Downs Way and drop the bike off in Eastbourne.
Suitable for roads and cycle paths, these provide a faster easier ride and give you the option of carrying pannier bags for all your bits and pieces. Great for a day out around the local villages.
Afternoon hire: £20. 1 day: £25.
Try a bicycle built for two
Our Circe Helios tandem has a back seat that's adjustable for anyone from a 6-year-old child to adult. Great for specific needs or those lacking confidence.
Afternoon: £30. 1 day: £35.
(also known as tagalongs or trailerbikes)
Whatever you call them, these are like the back half of a bike and attach to an adult bike for safe cycling together. Get those 3–7 year olds to help with leg power. We will set you up.
Up to one week: £10. Ask us about longer-term hire.
We also have a couple of covered trailers suitable for transporting smaller children.
Up to 1 week: £10. Ask us about longer-term hire.
We can also fit child seats to our hybrid bikes. There's a fee of £10 per hire for this and you need to ask for it in advance so we can set the seat up.
Need to hire a bike? We can help.
Whether it's a tandem, mountain bike, hybrid, a kid's bike or a tagalong (trailer bike), we have a bike for you. Bicycle rental from an afternoon to a week - or more.
Conquer the hills with ease
We now have two e-bikes available. Their built-in electric motors assist your pedalling and boost you up to 15mph (24kph) whether you're riding on the flat or uphill. Try one out for a couple of hours around Winchester, or hire one for the day - you could be touring the hilly roads of the South Downs, or exploring the villages and lanes of the Test Valley.
The e-bikes are not suitable for off-road riding.
Hire for the afternoon: £35. Whole day: £45.
Note: maximum hire period for an e-bike is one day. A refundable deposit of £100 per e-bike is required.
- All hires include helmets, pumps, locks, puncture repair kit at no extra charge.
- "Afternoon" hires can start at any time after 12 Noon; you must return the bike to us by 5pm unless we've agreed a later return time with you.
- We will ask for a deposit of £10 per bike to secure your booking; you can pay this by card or cash, online or in the shop.
- We can arrange out-of-hours pickup and drop-off at a storage location a few minutes' walk from the railway station, but only if you book in advance.
- Discounts available on longer hires: 3 days 10% discount, 5 days + 20% discount.
- We also offer longer term hire of baby seats and tag-alongs. Try them out, give them back! (£10 fitting fee applies.)
- Sorry, we can't hire out bikes for use in races or sportive events. (Non-competitive charity rides are OK.)
- If you cut your hire short (e.g. if you book for 5 days then return after only 2) we cannot guarantee a refund of the hire fees for the remaining period.
- Maximum hire period for an e-bike is one day.
Please book in advance if you can. Most of our bikes are available for hire from our Bike Hub in central Winchester during opening hours, but we only have a small fleet so we can't guarantee availability unless you book ahead.
To book, fill out the form below. If you have any questions, contact us by email or phone first.